WYSE BAY SMOKED SALMON.
At Wyse Bay, we pride ourselves in only sourcing the most optimal seafood products and as a result, we are proud to introduce an Atlantic Smoked Salmon
100% CANADIAN IN EVERY STEP.
The Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon is truly 100% Canadian. We took our famous Wyse Bay Artisanal Salmon that is farmed in the pristine waters of the Bay of Fundy, sent it to a local, federally registered smokehouse in New Brunswick and they smoked it in a traditional, premium method. The result, quite possibly the best tasting smoked salmon in the market. That's a bold claim but it's one we stand by.
The Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon is farm raised using only the local strain of Atlantic Salmon that is found in the North Atlantic Ocean. They are the exact same native species of salmon that have been swimming in the Atlantic waters off the coast of Canada for hundreds of thousands of years. It is NOT Steelhead or Chilean Salmon that is smoked in Canada, it's the real deal, eh!
CONVENIENCE & QUALITY.
Our Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon is packed in a 1 KG package that is retail ready as well. Pre-sliced for your convenience, the Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon is smoked in a meticulous way to preserve the quality you know and trust from Wyse Bay. Try it today, and we promise you won't be disappointed.
Our Wyse Bay Artisanal Salmon is a Net Protein farmed product. This means that it takes less protein to raise our salmon. Right now 0.67 KG of protein in our feed is required to farm raise 1 KG of our Wyse Bay Artisanal Salmon. Truly making it a sustainable option for our future generations. In comparison, Chicken requires 2 KG and Beef requires 10 KG for every 1 KG of protein farm raised.
NO ANTIBIOTICS. NO HORMONES.
You will not find antibiotics or hormones in our Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon. With strict farming procedures in place and full-time veterinary staff, we do not use any antibiotics or hormones in our Wyse Bay Salmon. The result is a true, clean product as nature intended, actually might even be cleaner than wild salmon found in nature since we control all aspects of our salmon from hatchery to feed to growth.
Our Wyse Bay Smoked Salmon has full, complete traceability. What does this mean, we can trace our Wyse Bay Salmon right back to the actual eggs used from our hatchery. The unique Lot Number and Box ID gives us the traceability information required to trace the salmon to it's very beginning. We can tell you the hatchery it came from, the farm it was raised in, the harvest date and processing information and even the truck it was shipped on to your city. Our cold chain is 100% Fully Traceable.
Our Commitment to achieving sustainability goals are:
An important part of our Wyse Bay Artisanal Salmon is utilizing the most sustainable practices in farm raising our Atlantic Salmon. Through BAP Certification and a constant and continuous goal of improving our farming practices, we can ensure that what we do today will have little or no effect on our future generations. Some examples of our continuous improvement are:
All of our Wyse Bay Artisanal Salmon are currently BAP Certified with four stars.
- We follow a unique, 3-bay management system of crop rotation and fallowing on our ocean farms. This is a more costly way of farming the seas but allows the Atlantic marine environment to be maintained in its natural, pristine condition.
- Our ocean sites are carefully located where deep, cold Atlantic waters and good tidal movement ensures that fish thrive and enhance sustainability.
- To promote a balanced ocean environment, we are pioneering the use of a practice called integrated multi-trophic aquaculture (IMTA), where complementary species are cultivated in the same marine ecosystem.
- Low average stocking densities of 2-3% allow our fish to stay healthy and give them the freedom to swim free from hunger and discomfort in their natural environment.
- We have invested in sophisticated water recycling and filtering systems at our freshwater hatcheries. These re-circulation facilities use one tenth of the water that conventional flow through operations use.
- We minimize the environmental impact of our farms by using cameras and underwater monitoring systems to control feeding. These systems ensure that fish are well fed while at the same time minimizing waste.
- Reduce energy usage and energy-related carbon dioxide emissions
- Reduce waste and water use
- Reduce packaging waste
- Reduce noise impact at marine sites
- Maintain bio-diversity of the marine eco-system